Friday, September 28, 2007

Girls' Room

I saw this done in a coffee shop and it was way more complicated and nicer, but loved the idea. This vase came from the dollare store and I just hung it with a ribbon. It was more charming when the flowers were alive!
My grandmother bought this doll when she was 16! I love having this old doll and carriage. The dresses hanging on the walls were made mostly by her and some by my mom when I was little for my own dolls. Memory lane! Wonder what my kids will be displaying that I have made. Hmmm.I painted and stenciles Moses old dresser for the girls' room. I also put their initials on their bed frames instead of the wall. Gives them a little custom look.


4 comments:

Matt & Nicki said...

Great idea putting their letters on their bed. . .pretty soon I am going to have three letters on one door--I may have to move them:)

Beth said...

Nic, there's always a closet! Ella slept in one for a year. So, you have proved, Anna, that stenciling can be AWESOME! Very nice. The letters look great too. I love the framed art on the wall.

Beth said...

Oh... the doll is amazing! I didn't know you had that. It just makes me feel so good to see the old dresses and books. The vase idea is very cool! Is the ribbon tied around the curtain rod?

6packB said...

Beth-yes the ribbon is just around the curtain rod. I could use a colored ribbon if I wanted it to stand out more. I just got the doll from my mom when they came to visit in Aug. I love it, too. I got the idea to stencil the dresser from the magazine you and Nick sent me last year. There was one done similar to this in there. After I did it, the pink was way too bright so I muted it with white paint and glaze until it looked more weathered. I've never done stenciling before and would do it a little different if I do it again, but this was fun to try and since it was an old dresser I knew I couldn't ruin it.