Friday, April 4, 2008

Rice heating pads

This post is to prove to all my "crafty" friends that I can do crafts, too! Mine just don't look as nice! My kids were sick so much this winter and we thought making their own heating pads would be fun and nice when they were not well. The ironic thing about this is that by the time we finished Moses was running a high temp...yet again! The kids use these nearly every night.

You need: rice, an old sock (without holes), rubber band. After decorating (optional) and filling the sock just microwave to make warm. Do not overheat or the rice will actually burn.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these, Anna!!!
My MIL has made these for me out of hand towels. She will find a towel with a cute pattern, and then fold it in half, sew up each end and you have a heat sack. Work great for cramps, sore neck, achy muscles, etc! Love the socks, and the kids can get involved, and have their own hot pack! Thanks for sharing!!!
~Deb H

Beth said...

GREAT idea- my mom always is filling socks w rice for aches and pains (they are good for sticking in the freezer too and putting on "engorged things" lol). I would have never thought to have the kids decorate them though!